Military & Veteran Support
At Lockheed Martin, we’re driven by a sense of purpose and a passion for innovation to shape the future and solve some of the world’s most difficult challenges. We bring that same passion and sense of purpose to our communities, and together with our nonprofit partners, we are making a difference in the lives of service members, veterans, and their families and caregivers.
Through corporate contributions, employee volunteer efforts, and fundraising activities, Lockheed Martin supports service members and their families as they navigate the unique challenges of the military lifestyle; empowers veterans and families in transition; and honors the legacy of all who have served.
Here are just a few ways we are supporting the military and veteran communities:
Supporting Military Members and their Families in Service:
Our military serves proudly to keep us safe, and their families serve too. With our nonprofit partners, we support the active duty force and their families with programs that improve their lives.
- We’re working with USO, Inc. to support the critical programs and services they provide for deployed service members, military children and troops in transition.
- Through a partnership with Our Military Kids, we’re enabling military children with a deployed or wounded parent to pursue extra-curricular activities, reducing their stress and improving their quality of life.
- We support Fisher Houses throughout the country in their mission to provide wounded warriors and their families with a place to call home while undergoing treatment at local military and veteran hospitals.
Empowering Veterans in Transition
Veterans are an asset to our country, to corporate America, and to our communities. We are committed to enabling transitioning veterans and their families to connect with their communities and find new purpose as they reintegrate into civilian life.
- We’re a proud partner of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation’s Hiring Our Heroes Program in its mission to help service members, military spouses, wounded warriors and caregivers to find meaningful employment. Our dedicated military relations team supports transition summits, hiring workshops, and curriculum development for the Wounded Veteran and Caregiver Employment Program.
- Our employees are mentoring transitioning veterans, military spouses and spouses of fallen service members through the American Corporate Partners mentorship program.
- We’re working alongside veterans to serve our communities with The Mission Continues and its service platoons in Washington, DC and Dallas-Fort Worth, TX.
- We are enabling hundreds of Veterans to receive the training and education they need to start their own business through our partnership with the Institute for Veterans and Military Families in support of their Entrepreneurship Bootcamps for Veterans.
Honoring the Legacy of All Veterans
At Lockheed Martin we strive to honor the legacy of our Armed Forces and the service of our veterans, and to encourage greater awareness and appreciation of the military among the civilian population.
- Our partnership with the Congressional Medal of Honor Foundation enables them to educate our Nation’s students about military service and encourage them to adopt the values of courage, sacrifice, selfless service and patriotism by using the stories of the Medal of Honor Recipients.
- We must ensure those who have given the ultimate sacrifice are never forgotten, and that their families receive the resources they need to cope with their loss. To address this need, we’re investing in the Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors’ Survivor Seminar Program.