- 2013 Press Releases
- 2012 Press Releases
- 2011 Press Releases
- 2010 Press Releases
- 2009 Press Releases
- Cranfield University Secures Defence and Civil Sector Research Grant from Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Lockheed Martin UK Conducts Successful Live Firing Trials of Warrior CSP Turret
- Lockheed Martin UK Shapes the World's Fastest Wheels
- Lockheed Martin UK Provides Royal Navy With New Situational Awareness Capability
- Lockheed Martin UK and Defence Support Group Sign Strategic Partnering Agreement
- Lockheed Martin UK-Led Warrior Transformation Team Submits Warrior CSP Proposal
- Royal Navy Commissions New Merlin Active Dipping Sonar Maintenance Rig
- Lockheed Martin UK Lands $5.9M Link 16 Interoperability Deal With Turkey
- Lockheed Martin UK Hosts First Volunteering Day
- Lockheed Martin UK Announces Alan McCormick as Vice President and Managing Director LMUK INSYS
- Ascent Signs MFTS Rear Crew Contract With MOD
- Lockheed Martin UK INSYS Ltd to Help Re-Invent the Wheel for World's Fastest Car
- Lockheed Martin UK to Unveil Innovative New Land Systems Designs at DVD 2009
- RNAS Culdrose Hosts Fourth Merlin Capability Sustainment Plus Supplier Conference
- AirKnight Submits SAR-H Technical Proposal
- Lockheed Martin UK and NDI Host Second Annual Land Domain Conference
- Lockheed Martin UK Acquires IMES Strategic Support Limited
- LEAPP Successfully Completes First Anchor Milestone
- F-35 JSF Arrives in the United Kingdom For Static Testing
- Lockheed Martin Supports 2009 National Security Agency Cyber Defense Exercise
- Lockheed Martin UK Facility Hosts Annual Supplier Awards
- Lockheed Martin UK Appoints Chief Operating Officer
- AirKnight Advances SAR-H Solution by Selecting Eurocopter's EC225
- Lockheed Martin Named "Company of the Year" by Frost and Sullivan
- VH-71 Presidential Helicopter Completes Initial Vibration Testing Phase on Schedule
- Lockheed Martin UK Delivers Increased Capability For Merlin Mk1 With New Defensive Aids Suite
- Lockheed Martin UK Announce New Chief Executive
- Lockheed Martin UK Facility Achieves Employee Safety Certification
- Third VH-71 Presidential Production Helicopter Completes Initial Flight
- Lockheed Martin to Engineer National Cyber Range for Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency
- First Production VH-71 Presidential Helicopter Arrives At Lockheed Martin To Start Final Production Phase
- Lockheed Martin Announces Second Quarter 2009 Results
- Lockheed Martin Announces First Quarter 2009 Results
- 2008 Press Releases
- 2007 Press Releases
- Signals Magazine
- Executive Speeches
Lockheed Martin UK to Unveil Innovative New Land Systems Designs at DVD 2009
LONDON, UK, June 24 2009: Lockheed Martin UK will unveil new approaches to differing land systems requirements at this year's DVD showcase, where for the first time it will display the AVATM-2, the second prototype vehicle to be produced using the Lockheed Martin Adaptive Vehicle Architecture; Lockheed Martin's Warrior Capability Sustainment Programme (WCSP) technology base and a Jackal-3 cab mock-up.
Primarily designed and developed in the UK, the prototype AVATM-2 vehicle has the potential to meet several emerging UK requirements, including the Operational Utility Vehicle System (OUVS). Six metres long with a gross vehicle weight of 18,000kg, the vehicle also features a modified V-shaped hull which is as survivable as the Mine Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP) platforms while having greater mobility and sprint speeds. AVA-1, introduced at DVD 2008, will this year be providing on-road demonstrations.
The flexibility in the AVATM vehicle design and build, coupled with an upgraded suspension system that is currently in-service with the existing UK Jackal vehicles, along with a cab that provides a substantial increase in the area of vehicle occupant survivability, offers unique and immediate advantages to the UK MoD in the areas of performance, survivability and through life-cycle costs.
"Our AVATM and related OUVS vehicle offering was purposely designed with the OUVS mission utilising a whole systems approach that will maximize protection, payload & performance to create a cost-optimized offering for the OUVS Large programme," said Scott Greene, vice-president of Land Vehicle Systems. "Our OUVS vehicle design builds on a battlefield-proven technology baseline, a result of Lockheed's 2006 purchase of British specialist vehicle designer HMT."
The MoD's latest enhanced Jackal 2 vehicle features improved manoeuverability and reliability, and will be able to carry three crew members; one more than its predecessor. Lockheed Martin has redesigned the HMT suspension/chassis system to provide increased upper axle and chassis weight limits. This next generation system is currently installed on the AVATM vehicles being unveiled today at DVD and is available for the Jackal 3 Urgent Operational Requirement, anticipated to come out later this year.
Since 2007, Lockheed Martin UK has continued to develop its offering for the Warrior upgrade programme. At the heart of Lockheed Martin's WCSP is its open and scalable Electronic Architecture. By conforming to industry standards, this architecture will facilitate both full digitisation of the Warrior platform, as well as accommodating additional growth for future upgrades in capability.
The WCSP consists of three elements, namely: Warrior Fightability and Lethality Improvement Programme; Warrior Extended Electronic Architecture and Warrior Modular Protection System. WCSP exemplifies Lockheed Martin UK's agility to innovate and partner.
Lockheed Martin UK will also be displaying its Embedded Platform Logistics System (EPLS) and its recently developed Kudos force protection system at DVD 2009.
Lockheed Martin UK, a unit of Lockheed Martin Corporation, is a leader in systems integration working on major programmes spanning the aerospace, defence and civil sectors. The organisation works with more than 100 business partners and employs over 1700 people at sites across the UK.
Headquartered in Bethesda, Md., Lockheed Martin is a global security company that employs about 146,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services. The corporation reported 2008 sales of $42.7 billion.